Bazan Research Group
Center for Polymers & Organic Solids
2520A Physical Sciences Building North
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-5090.
Polymer chemistry, polyolefin catalysis, polymer properties and characterization.
- Vishal Patil, currently pursuing my postdoctoral research at University of California, Santa Barbara.
- I have finished my PhD in Organic Chemistry from Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
- I have ample experience in writing and publishing in Chemistry journals including high impact ACS journals.
- Additionally, I am currently serving on a editorial board of the World Journal of Organic Chemistry as well as a reviewer responsibility for New Journal of Chemistry and Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry journal.
- Considering my background in the Pharmaceutical Chemistry coupled with my interest in serving scientific efforts, I believe that I will be valuable addition to the editorial board list of Journal of New Developments in Chemistry.
- I attended Institute of Chemical Technology (Formerly UDCT), Mumbai, India where I obtained my undergraduate degree in chemical technology.
- My specialization was in Dyes Technology which exposed me to chemistry of organic intermediates and dyes.
- To pursue my doctoral degree, I joined Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, where I worked under the guidance of Dr. Yomi Oyelere in the field of bioorganic chemistry.
- My thesis work involved design and synthesis of novel zinc binding groups for incorporation into metalloenzyme inhibitor framework.
- I have joined Dow Materials Institute at MRL to pursue my postdoctoral research.