Institute of Oral Biology,
Stem cells, development, genetics, molecular biology, tissue regeneration, craniofacial biology, tooth development and regeneration, pathology, experimental embryology, genetic diseases.
- Thimios Mitsiadis is Professor of Oral Biology in the Medical Faculty at the University of Zurich, Switzerland. He conducts research in the fields of stem cells, genetics, molecular and experimental biology related to orofacial developmental and regeneration processes.
- Thimios Mitsiadis obtained a DDS degree from the Dental Faculty of the Kapodistrion University of Athens (Greece), a Master degree for Immunology, Genetics and Differentiation and the PhD in Developmental Biology from the University of Lyon (France).
- He conducted postdoctoral studies at the University of Helsinki (Finland), Karolinksa Nobel Institute (Stockholm, Sweden) and Yale University (USA).
- Thimios Mitsiadis was a Professor at the Mediterranean University (Marseilles, France), Visiting Professor at the Ecole Normale Superieure of Lyon (France), Visiting Professor at the Polytechnic University della Marche (Ancona, Italy), Visiting Professor at the Second University of Napoli (Napoli, Italy); Clinical Senior Lecturer at King's College London (UK), and Associate Professor at the Dental School in Athens (Greece).
- From 2006 to 2010 was director of the Institute of Oral Biology at the University of Zurich (Switzerland).